In 2020, anyone can build and design a website without knowing anything about web development, design, or coding.
Whether you want to create a website for yourself or for your business, you can easily do that by using the right tools and resources.
This step-by-step guide will help you create a website from scratch without having to spend money for freelancers, agencies, or website builders.
In 1 or 2 hours, we can complete the guide and set up a website.
Things You Need In Order to Build a Website
- Domain name (your custom web address, www.YourSite.com)
- Website hosting (service that hosts your website)
- WordPress (free, commonly used website platform)
To build a fully functional website, you’ll need to secure a domain name (web address) and a web hosting account. These two make sure that your website is fully accessible to others. Without one or another, you will be unable to set up a website.
Let me explain step by step for creating the website.
- Choose a Domain Name and register domain
In order to build a website, the very first thing you’ll need is a domain name.
The domain name is your website name and address which is used by visitors when they try to find your site through their web browsers.
- Get Web Hosting and Register Domain
In addition to having a domain name, you’ll also need website hosting (web hosting) which is a service that hosts and stores your website files (content) on a secure server that is always up and running. Without a web host, your site will not be accessible for others to read and browse.
Whichever web hosting company you sign up with, make sure it has the following features:
- FREE domain name with SSL (for security)
- One-click-install for WordPress (free)
- Custom email accounts
- Unlimited or unmetered bandwidth (no traffic limitations)
- Customer support, preferably 24/7 live chat
If you find a website hosting that offers all of the things above, you’ve likely found a good provider.
- Select the webhosting plan
Choose the domain ( create new or the registetred own ) as per the dialogues shown.
- Set Up WordPress Website (Through Web Host)
Once you have your domain name and web hosting ready to go, you’ll need to choose and install a website building platform (also known as CMS).
We recommend choosing WordPress since it’s easy to use and comes with thousands of free designs and add-ons that make your website look professional and unique.
- Installing wordpress using webhosting account
- Login , provide the basic inputs about your site and wordpress installation will get done.
- When the setup is done, webhoster will show you the installation and login details. Be sure to save this information somewhere safe. Test your website by entering your domain name. Verify SSL/https settings
- Choose a wordpress theme for your website and install it.
- Add sidebar ( like search and recent posts ) and widgets (like archives, audio etc )
- Add content /pages ( home, about, service, contact ) to your website
- Set up navigation menu
- Add an online store